Our Chicco Keyfit 30 review will help you decide if this is the car seat for your newborn.
In fact, it is ranked the number 1 infant car seat in America by consumers on multiple websites, including Consumer Reports.
- Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat
- Chicco Keyfit 30 Measurements
- Chicco Keyfit 30 Safety
- Chicco Keyfit 30 Stroller
- Chicco Keyfit 30 Installation
- Chicco Keyfit 30 Base
- Chicco Keyfit 30 Base Installation
- Chicco Keyfit 30 Specs
- Chicco Keyfit 30 Magic
- Chicco Keyfit 30 Zip
Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat
The Chicco Keyfit 30 car seat is best known for its ease of installation, safety, and fit. Worried that the car seat won’t fit your baby? There is an Chicco Keyfit 30 infant insert that provides extra support and keeps your newborn secure.
Unlike other seats that require additional support such as blanket rolling in order to fit premature infants properly, the Chicco Keyfit fits preemies (babies over 4 lbs) easily.
Do you have a small vehicle? Then you will need a compact car seat that can fit in your back seat.
It’s not the easiest task to find a small car seat. Luckily, the KeyFit 30 is a compact and convenient infant car seat. Its small proportions make it suitable for 2-door cars.
Chicco Keyfit 30 Measurements
Below are the Chicco Keyfit 30 measurements and Chicco Keyfit 30 dimensions:
- Chicco Keyfit 30 width: 17″
- Chicco Keyfit 30 length: 26.75″
- Chicco Keyfit 30 height: 24″
- Chicco Keyfit weight without base: 9 lbs
- Chicco Keyfit weight with base: 16.4 lbs
- Chicco Keyfit base width (inches): 15 inches
- Chicco Keyfit carrier width (inches): 17 inches
The dimensions of chicco keyfit 30 make it one of the better narrow car seats for infants. Depending on your vehicle, you may be able to fit 3 car seats across in your back seat.
Chicco Keyfit 30 Safety
Like all infant car seats on the market, the Chicco KeyFit 30 is crash tested and meets federal crash-test safety requirements. It offers extra side-impact protection, has a sturdy design, and plenty of head and body support.
Chicco Keyfit 30 Stroller
Looking for a Chicco Keyfit 30 stroller to fit your new car seat?
Since the Keyfit is such a popular car seat in the U.S., it’s pretty easy to find a stroller adapter for this seat.
You can choose from dozens of Chicco’s KeyFit compatible strollers for easy click-in travel, including Chicco Bravo, Cortina, Neuvo, TRE, Activ3, Cortina Together, Liteway Plus, and KeyFit Caddy strollers.
There are compatible strollers from other brands as well, including UPPAbaby Cruz, Britax B-Agile 3, Baby Jogger, Bugaboo, and BOB Revolution Flex. Just be sure to get the adapter that is specific to the stroller.
Chicco Keyfit strollers are better quality than Graco but they generally aren’t as lightweight.
The Chicco Liteway Plus is another great lightweight car seat carrier, which can be used as a regular umbrella stroller.
You can also consider the Chicco Bravo stroller, which is a high-quality, all-purpose stroller but it is not lightweight, weighing 23 lbs.
Chicco Keyfit 30 Installation
The Chicco Keyfit 30 has been rated the number 1 easiest car seat to install by many third-party websites.
If you read and follow the Chicco Keyfit 30 instruction manual, you may find that the Keyfit car seat is easy to install regardless of whether you are using the LATCH (Lower Anchor and Tethers for Children) anchors or the seatbelt.
Keep in mind that you can only use one method of attachment. Do not install the car seat base with both LATCH and seat belt.
Once you click into the LATCH clips, the Keyfit base features a SuperCinch Tightener, which keeps the straps tight with just one pull. There is also a spring-loaded adjustment foot and two precision bubble level guides to ensure that the seat is positioned properly.
Chicco Keyfit 30 Base
Can you use chicco keyfit 30 without base? The answer is yes!
If you have a second car, you may want to purchase this Chicco KeyFit 30 Extra Base. This will be helpful if your baby will be switching between vehicles.
By purchasing a second Chicco Keyfit 30 base, you do not have to uninstall and install the whole car seat every time you change cars.
The Keyfit secures easily onto the base with a reassuring audible “click” sound.
Chicco Keyfit 30 Base Installation
If you do not want to purchase a second car seat, you also have the option to install the chicco keyfit without base. You just need to follow the directions for the Chicco Keyfit 30 base installation so that it is done properly.
There are instructions on how to install the seat without the base safely in the Chicco Keyfit manual.
This way, you can keep the base in your car and if your baby ever needs to ride in someone else’s car, you can install the chicco keyfit 30 without the base.
Chicco Keyfit 30 Specs
Below are the Chicco Keyfit 30 specifications and features:
- Chicco Keyfit 30 Weight Limit: This Chicco car seat fits children from 4-30 lbs.
- Chicco Keyfit 30 Height Limit: The Keyfit car seat fits children up to 30 inches tall. The top of your baby’s head should be at least 1 inch below the top of the headrest.
- 5 point harness with a one-pull tightener for easy adjustments
- Removable Infant insert to hold newborns weighing 4-11 pounds comfortably and securely
- Seat interior is lined with EPS energy-absorbing foam for increased safety and comfort
- Adjustable, multi-position canopy
- Easy one-hand removal from base
- Accommodates vehicles without Latch using a built-in, belt routing, lock-off system
- Smooth underside of base protects against damage to vehicle seats
- Spring-loaded leveling system provides an accurate fit in a wider range of cars
- Car seat can be installed without the base
- Two bubble level-indicators to indicate accurate seat angle
- One-pull Latch tightener with force-multiplying technology that helps achieve a tight and secure fit with little effort
- Machine washable seat cushions
- FAA approved for use in an airplane
Chicco has a variety of infant car seats, including cheaper models that have a smaller size limit and fewer features than the Keyfit.
After reading this Chicco Keyfit 30 car seat review, hopefully you have an idea of whether this Chicco infant car seat is right for your newborn.
If you’re looking for a Chicco Keyfit sale, you can check Amazon, which is generally less than $200. You can read the Chicco Keyfit 30 reviews before making your final decision.
This infant seat is cheaper than about half of their competitors and is very reasonably-priced, considering its quality. Plus, the KeyFit 30 comes with a manufacturer’s one-year warranty.
Chicco Keyfit 30 Magic
Another popular alternative is the Chicco Keyfit 30 Magic car seat. The main difference between the Chicco Keyfit 30 and Keyfit 30 Magic is that the Magic infant car seat has a canoy that almost completely covers the baby. The Chicco Keyfit 30 Magic also has a visor and footmuff, which keeps your baby extra cozy during the winter.
Chicco Keyfit 30 Zip
The Chicco Keyfit 3 Zip is another great option, which includes everything from the Keyfit 3 Magic such as the canopy, visor and footmuff. It also includes a seatpad and allows you to zip everything all off, making cleanup easier.