Want a high-quality all-in-one car seat for less than $300? Consider the Graco 4ever DLX 4-in-1 car seat, one of the best all in one car seats available on the market today.
Our Graco 4ever all-in-one car seat review will help you decide if this is the car seat for your newborn.
Graco 4ever DLX 4-in-1 Car Seat
Wouldn’t you love to just buy 1 car seat instead of having to purchase separate car seats as your little one grows?
With the Graco 4ever, this is highly possible. In fact, you can enjoy 10 years of use! The 4ever fits newborns starting at 4 lbs all the way up to an older child weighing 120 lbs.
This budget-friendly car seat has 4 modes of use – rear facing, forward facing, high back belt-positioning booster, and backless booster.
Graco 4Ever vs DLX
Is there a difference between Graco 4Ever and 4Ever DLX?
The 4Ever DLX is similar to the classical Graco 4Ever car seat. The main difference is that the DLX has an extra layer of safety called Graco ProtectPlus Engineered.
ProtectPlus helps to protect your child in frontal, side, rear, and rollover crashes.
The classic model also does not have integrated belt lock-off or fuss free harness storage. The integrated belt lock off helps to install DLX conveniently using the vehicle seat belt, making it easier to install than the Graco 4Ever.
Finally the Graco 4ever DLX 4-in-1 convertible car seat features RapidRemove Cover, where you can easily remove the seat pad to wash.
There is also the 4Ever DLX Platinum 4-in-1 convertible car seat, which has even extra features than the 4Ever DLX, including an EZ Tight LATCH for an easier install and upgraded plush fabrics.
The extra cost of the DLX is usually minimal, averaging about $30 more. For the extra protection and features, it may be worth it to purchase the DLX, especially since you will be using the car seat for 10 years.
Graco 4ever DLX All-In-One Measurements
Below are the Graco 4ever measurements and limits:
- Graco 4ever DLX dimensions: 29″ x 21.5″ x 24″
- Graco 4ever rear facing weight: 4-40lbs
- Graco 4ever rear facing height: Until the child’s head is 1 inch below the headrest adjustment handle
- Graco 4ever forward facing weight: 22-65lbs
- Graco 4ever forward facing height: Until the child reaches 49″ tall
- Graco 4ever highback booster weight: 40-100lbs
- Graco 4ever highback booster height: 38-57″ tall
- Graco 4ever backless booster weight: 40-120lbs
- Graco 4ever backless booster height: 40-57″
The Graco 4ever DLX width is about 19″ wide without its cupholders.
Graco 4ever Safety
Graco is a well known and trustworthy brand, with child safety as top priority.
Like all car seats on the market, the Graco 4ever is crash tested and meets federal crash-test safety requirements.
It is engineered with ProtectPlus, which is a number of rigorous testing measurement to keep your child safe in frontal, side, rear and rollover crashes.
This car seat offers extra side-impact protection, has a sturdy design, and plenty of head and body support.
Graco 4ever Stroller
Since Graco 4ever is in all-in-one car seats, once it has been installed in the vehicle, it is not easily removable like infant carriers.
With this in mind, you would be unable to put the car seat directly into a compatible stroller. Thus, you can purchase any stroller that you would like for your baby.
Graco 4ever Base
Since Graco 4ever car seat is meant to be stationary and stays in the vehicle, it does not have a base.
Graco 4ever Installation
The Graco 4ever is relatively easy to install.
The Graco exclusive InRight LATCH attachment provides and easy, one-second attachment. There is an audio click to ensure proper installation.
There are 6 recline positions, where positions 1-3 are for rear-facing and 4-6 are for forward-facing. Recline position 6 needs to be used in booster mode.
If you read and follow the Graco 4ever instruction manual, you may find that the 4ever car seat is easy to install regardless of whether you are using the LATCH (Lower Anchor and Tethers for Children) anchors or the seatbelt.
You can use LATCH in high back booster mode but cannot use the lower anchors in backless booster mode.
Keep in mind that you can only use one method of attachment. Do not install the car seat base with both LATCH and seat belt.
Graco makes it easy to store the harness and LATCH tethers when they’re not in use. For example, if you are installing rear-facing with the vehicle seat belt, you need to make sure that the lower anchors are stored in the forward-facing storage spots.
If you are installing forward-facing with the vehicle seat belt, you need to store the lower anchors in the rear-facing storage locations.
There is actually a place for you to store your Graco 4ever DLX manual so you have it handy when you need to convert the seat into a booster or if you have any other questions! The space is located at the back of the seat’s base and it is even labeled.
Graco 4ever DLX Specs
Below are the Graco 4ever specifications and features:
- Graco 4ever DLX Weight Limit: This Graco 4ever car seat fits children from 4-120lbs.
- Graco 4ever DLX Height Limit:
- ProtectPlus engineered helps to protect your baby in frontal, side, rear and rollover crashes
- 6 position recline
- 10 position adjustable headrest
- Steel-reinforced frame
- Plush head and body inserts to keep your baby comfortable
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness – harness and headrest adjusts in one motion
- Inright Latch attachment for easy and secure installation
- Integrated belt lock off for easy vehicle seat belt installation
- No rethread harness
- Rubberized Fuss Free harness storage for a no-slip grip to get child in and out
- Easily store harness and LATCH tethers when not in use
- Angle indicator and color-coded installation system
- RapidRemove cover – easily remove cover in a minute without having to remove the harness
- 2 integrated cup holders
- Machine washable
- FAA approved for air travel in both rear-facing and forward-facing modes
After reading this Graco 4ever DLX car seat review, hopefully you have an idea of whether this 4-in-1 car seat is right for your baby.
If you’re looking for a Graco 4ever sale, you can check Amazon, which is generally less than $300. You can read the Graco 4ever reviews before making your final decision.
When does the Graco 4Ever car seat expire?
Yes, car seats do have expiration dates but lucky for you the Graco 4Ever car seat has a long expiration of 10 years! By that time, your child may be able to use the car’s seat belt if he or she has already reached a certain height.
Overall, the Graco 4Ever DLX is one of the best convertible car seats on the market. The 4 modes of use can last your child for many years. For more, check out some other best convertible car seats.