The Clek Foonf is one of the top convertible car seats, which means it can be used in 2 configurations – as a rear-facing infant car seat and as a forward-facing car seat. What is great about this car seat is that it is designed to international best practices for extended rear-facing use up to 50 pounds. It lets your child sit in the rear-facing position longer than most car seats in the country. This is great since rear-facing is the safest position for your child to sit in.
The seat is only 17 inches wide at its widest point and 13 inches wide where installed at the base, making it possible to fit 3 car seats across the back seat in most vehicles.
Clek Foonf Safety
Like all baby safety seats on the market, Clek Foonf meets Federal Safety Standards. It crash tested to NCAP, which simulates forces experienced in extreme collisions. It comes standard with a steel anti-rebound for enhanced safety performance. The anti-rebound bar is designed to reduce the rebound and promote stability of the car seat during a crash, absorbing the energy that would otherwise go to the child.
Its REACT (Rigid-LATCH Energy Absorbing Crumple Technology) safety system delivers rear-facing safety performance in a forward-facing seat. Its aluminum honeycomb technology absorbs the energy from a crash, minimizing the forces transmitted to the child.
The Clek Foonf advanced side-impact protection protects the child in a side-impact collision with its adjustable structural headrest with deep side wings, dual layers of energy absorbing foam, and complete metal substructure.
Clek Foonf 2019
2019 Clek Foonf is the newest version of the Foonf. Improvements have been made from its previous versions, including harness straps that fit better. The Clek Foonf’s Rigid-LATCH system makes proper forward-facing installation easy, allowing you to remove and install your seat quickly.
The Foonf is tailored in GREENGUARD Select Certified Crypton Super Fabrics, which provide permanent protection against stains and moisture and odor-causing bacteria.
Clek Foonf Installation
When you install the Clek Foonf rear-facing, you will need to use the anti-rebound bar. When you install it forward-facing, you should use tether. Don’t use tether while rear-facing. Overall, the car seat is relatively easy to install in both cars and on airplanes. Unless you’re in first class, the Foonf will not fit in the storage compartments above, but it can fit the actual airplane seat.
Clek Foonf Specs & Features
- The maximum weight and height in the rear-facing position is from 14-50 lbs and 25-43 inches tall. For forward-facing, it is 20-65 pounds and from 30-49 inches in height. The top of your baby’s head should be at least 1 inch below the top of the headrest.
- The seat weighs 38 pounds when rear-facing since it includes the base and the anti-rebound bar. It weighs 33 pounds when installed forward-facing.
- Comes with anti-rebound bar designed to limit rebound
- Rigid-LATCH forward-facing installation
- Built-in lockoffs for both rear-facing and forward-facing positions
- Energy absorbing foam both inside and outside the frame of the car seat
- Adjustable structural headrest with deep side wings
- Advanced side-impact protection
- Rigid substructure – It has a steel and magnesium sub-structure
- Crypton Super Fabrics: Its fabric protects against stains, moisture and odor-causing bacteria
- Approved for use in aircraft
- This is one of the narrowest convertible car seats at 17 inches wide, allowing you to fit 3 car seats across in the back of most vehicles.
Clek Foonf Measurements
- Seating Depth 12.5 in.
- Seating Height 21.5–26 in.
- Shoulder width 12 in.
- Harness-Slot Height 8–17 in.
- Width 13-17 in.
- Fore-Aft Measurement in Rear-Facing 33 in.
- Height Measurement in Rear-Facing 25.5–28.5 in.
- Height Measurement in Forward-Facing 28–32.5 in.
- Seat Weight in Forward-Facing 33 lb
- Seat Weight in Rear-Facing 38 lb (includes rear-facing base and anti-rebound bar)
There is also a Clek Foonf infant insert designed to accommodate a child in rear-facing and weighing between 5–22 lb in a Clek Foonf and Fllo convertible seat, which is the cheaper alternative of the Foonf.