It is very similar to the Britax B-Safe 35 with just a few differences.
B-Safe Ultra is patented with SafeCell Impact Protection, has an impact-absorbing base, and is made in the USA with global components. Its contoured shell design minimizes side-to-side movement to maximize protection.
This space-efficient design takes up less room in your vehicle, perfect if you have a small car.
Our B Safe Ultra car seat review will help you decide if this is the car seat for your baby.
Britax B Safe Ultra VS Britax B-Safe 35
What is the difference between the Britax B Safe Ultra and the Britax B-Safe 35?
There are many similarities amongst the 2 car seats, with the B-Safe Ultra having more features.
The Ultra has 2 layers of side impact protection located in the outer shell and headrest while the B-Safe 35 only has 1 layer of side impact protection located in the outer shell.
The B-Safe 35 has 4 adjustable harness positions but you need to rethread straps to adjust the height.
With the B-Safe Ultra, there are 6 adjustable positions and there is no-rethread harness. Instead, there is a quick-adjust harness located behind the headrest. All you have to do is squeeze and slide up and down to adjust the height.
The Ultra also has a flip forward belly pad, which makes your baby more comfortable while providing easy access to the harness and buckle.
Britax B-Safe 35 Safety
Like all baby car seats on the market, Britax B-Safe Ultra is crash tested and meets Federal Safety Standards. Britax features:
- SafeCell Impact Protection – An integrated system of safety components that work together to protect your child beyond the established standards. An example of a safety component is its impact stabilizing steel frame through the spine of the car seat reducing forward flex and at the connection points to the vehicle.
- Safecell Impact Absorbing Base – Reduces the potential for injury by compressing to absorb energy during a collision.
- SafeCell Complete Side Impact Protection – Surrounds your baby in a deep protective shell designed to shield your child from crash forces and debris.
Britax B-Safe Ultra Base
Looking for an extra B-Safe Ultra base?
You can purchase a second Britax car seat base, which is compatible with Ultra as well as Britax B-Safe 35 and Endeavours car seats.
Having a second car seat base is useful when change between two vehicles frequently. You can keep 2 separate bases in the cars so that you do not have to uninstall and install the car seat each time you change vehicles.
You can also install the Britax car seat without the base. This way, you can keep the base in your car and if your baby ever needs to ride in someone else’s car, you can install the car seat without the base. This can help you save money from having to purchase another base.
There are steps on how to install the seat without the base safely in the Britax instruction manual.
Britax B-Safe Ultra Compatible Strollers
Looking for a Britax B-Safe Ultra stroller?
Luckily, the integrated Click and Go System allows you to transfer your Ultra car seat to a stroller easily. The B-Safe Ultra works with any Britax stroller with the Click & Go system and quick-release handle.
B-Safe Ultra is compatible with the BOB jogging stroller using the Click and Go attachments. The BOB stroller is compatible with most major brand car seats using the appropriate infant car seat adapter.
Using the Britax adapter, you can make the Ultra compatible with all the other BOB strollers.
Britax B-Safe Ultra Specs & Features:
Below are the B-Safe Ultra car seat Specs & Features:
- The maximum weight and height is from 4-35 lbs and 32 inches tall. The top of your baby’s head should be at least 1 inch below the top of the headrest.
- New premium airy mesh fabric ensures your child is cool and comfortable
- SafeCell Impact Stabilizing Steel Frame reduces the potential for injury by compressing to absorb crash energy
- Two layers of side impact protection helps shield your child from crash forces and debris
- Deep shell lined with energy-absorbing foam EPS, which shields your baby from front and side impacts
- SafeCenter LATCH Installation features convenient center-pull straps and quick, push-button, lower LATCH connectors
- 5-point, quick-adjust harness
- Comes with a removable infant insert
- Padded/adjustable head support
- Built-in slide lockoffs for seatbelt installation
- Dual recline angle indicators to get the correct seat angle
- Spring-assisted recline
- 2 crotch buckle strap positions – before 11 lbs and after 11 lbs
- Lightweight ergonomic design
- Removable head pillow to ensure newborn heads are properly positioned
- Directly attaches to the frame of BRITAX strollers with Click & Go system
- Can also be used with strollers from other big brands using adaptors
- Extra-Large Canopy protects your baby from rain and sun
- FAA approved for airplane use
- Expiration: 6 years lifespan
- Made in the USA
Britax B-Safe Ultra Infant Car Seat Measurements
Dimensions: Length: 26.5″ D x 17.75″ W x 25″ H
Weight without base: 10 lbs
Weight with base: 19 lbs
Base width (inches): 14 inches
Carrier width (inches): 18 inches
Britax B-Safe Ultra Installation
If you follow the Britax instruction manual, you may find that this Britax car seat is easy to install regardless of whether you are using the LATCH anchors or the seatbelt. Remember that you can only use one method – do not install the car seat base with both LATCH and seat belt.
The Ultra has a European Belt Guide, which means that you can install the Ultra without the car seat base.
You can purchase the Britax B-Safe Ultra car seat on Britax B Safe Ultra. This car seat is a great value, especially considering all the premium features it offers. It comes with a manufacturer’s one-year warranty.
For more, check out some other top rated infant car seats.