The Britax B-Safe 35 car seat is an updated version of the popular B-Safe and is rated as one of the best car seats for infants.
This newer model is able to fit bigger children and has more legroom. The maximum child weight limit increased from 30 to 35 lbs.
It also has a new deeper shell that’s designed to keep your child safe from flying debris and has a base that is easier to adjust and install.
B-Safe 35 is patented with SafeCell Impact Protection, has an impact-absorbing base, and is made in the USA with global components. Its contoured shell also takes up little space in your car and minimizes side-to-side movement to maximize protection.
Our Britax car seat review will help you decide if this is the car seat for your baby.
Britax B-Safe 35 Safety
Like all baby car seats on the market, Britax B-Safe 35 is crash tested and meets Federal Safety Standards. Britax features:
- SafeCell Impact Protection – An integrated system of safety components that work together to protect your child beyond the established standards. An example of a safety component is its impact stabilizing steel frame through the spine of the car seat reducing forward flex and at the connection points to the vehicle.
- SafeCell Complete Side Impact Protection – Surrounds your baby in a deep protective shell designed to shield your child from crash forces and debris.
- Safecell Impact Absorbing Base – Reduces the potential for injury by compressing to absorb energy during a collision.
Britax B-Safe 35 Base
Looking for an extra B-Safe 35 base?
You can purchase a second Britax car seat base. This car seat base is compatible with both Britax B-Safe 35 and B-Safe Elite car seats.
Having a second car seat base is useful when you are using two vehicles frequently. You can keep 2 separate bases in the vehicles so that you do not have to uninstall and install the car seat each time you change cars.
You can also install the Britax car seat without the base. This way, you can keep the base in your car and if your baby ever needs to ride in someone else’s car, you can install the car seat without the base. This can help you save money from having to purchase another base.
There are steps on how to install the seat without the base safely in the Britax instruction manual.
Britax B-Safe 35 Compatible Strollers
Looking for a Britax B-Safe 35 stroller?
Luckily, the integrated Click and Go System allows you to transfer your B-Safe 35 car seat to a stroller easily. The B-Safe 35 works with any Britax stroller with the Click & Go system and quick-release handle.
This car seat also works with all Britax and BOB strollers that work with the original B-Safe model. A simple click lets you know that your baby’s car seat is securely attached and ready to go.
B-Safe 35 is compatible with the BOB jogging stroller using the Click and Go attachments. The BOB stroller is compatible with most major brand car seats using the appropriate infant car seat adapter.
Using the Britax adapter, you can make the B-Safe 35 compatible with all the other BOB strollers.
Britax B-Safe 35 Specs & Features:
Below are the Britax B-Safe Specs & Features:
- The maximum weight and height is from 4-35 lbs and 32 inches tall. The top of your baby’s head should be at least 1 inch below the top of the headrest.
- SafeCell Impact-absorbing steel frame base reduces the potential for injury by compressing to absorb crash energy
- Complete Side Impact Protection
- Deep shell lined with energy-absorbing foam EPS, which shields your baby from front and side impacts
- SafeCenter LATCH Installation features convenient center-pull straps and quick, push-button, lower LATCH connectors
- Easy-Release Harness Button makes it simple to loosen the harness straps
- Built-in slide lockoffs for seatbelt installation
- Dual recline angle indicators to get the correct seat angle
- Spring-assisted recline
- 2 crotch buckle strap positions – before 11 lbs and after 11 lbs
- Lightweight ergonomic design
- Removable head pillow to ensure newborn heads are properly positioned
- Directly attaches to the frame of BRITAX strollers with Click & Go system
- Can also be used with strollers from other big brands using adaptors
- Extra-Large Canopy protects your baby from rain and sun
- FAA approved for airplane use
- Expiration: 6 years lifespan
- Made in the USA
Britax B-Safe Infant Car Seat Measurements
Dimensions: Length: 26.5″, Width: 17.75″, Height: 25″
Weight without base: 10 lbs
Weight with base: 19 lbs
Base width (inches): 14 inches
Carrier width (inches): 18 inches
Britax B-Safe 35 Installation
If you read and follow the Britax instruction manual, you may find that this infant car seat is easy to install regardless of whether you are using the LATCH anchors or the seatbelt. Keep in mind that you can only use one method of attachment. Do not install the car seat base with both LATCH and seat belt.
You can purchase the Britax B-Safe car seat on Amazon. This car seat is a great value, especially considering all the premium features it offers. It comes with a manufacturer’s one-year warranty.
Britax B-Safe 35 VS Ultra VS Elite
What’s the difference between ALL the Britax B-Safe infant car seats?
There are many similarities amongst the 3 car seats, with the B-Safe 35 being the most basic and the B-Safe Ultra with the most features.
While the B-Safe 35 has 1 layer of side impact protection located in the outer shell, the 35 Elite and Ultra have 2 layers of side impact protection located in the outer shell and headrest.
The B-Safe has 4 adjustable harness positions but you need to rethread straps to adjust the height. With the B-Safe 35 Elite and Ultra, there are 6 adjustable positions and there is no-rethread harness.
Instead, there is a quick-adjust harness located behind the headrest. All you have to do is squeeze and slide up and down to adjust the height.
So now, what is exactly the difference between the Britax B-Safe 35 Elite and Britax B-Safe Ultra?
There are only 2 main differences between the two B-Safe car seats.
The Ultra has a European Belt Guide, which means that you can install the Ultra without the car seat base.
The Ultra also has a flip forward belly pad, which makes your baby more comfortable while providing easy access to the harness and buckle.
Which Britax car seat should I purchase?
There isn’t much of a price difference between the B-Safe car seats.
Although the Britax B-Safe 35 does not come with the European Belt Guide or the Flip-Forward belly pad, all the other features and specs are the same as the Ultra. If those 2 features don’t matter to you and is not worth the price difference, then purchase the B-Safe 35 Elite.
If you think those 2 features are useful and don’t mind spending a little more, then you can purchase the B-Safe Ultra.
You can compare the differences in price but if it is not a great significance, we would recommend either one over the B-Safe 35 because they both have 2 layers of side impact protection as opposed to just 1 layer in the B-Safe 35. The Elite and Ultra also feature no-rethread harness, which is another plus.
For more, check out some other best infant car seats.